The Hugo Awards finalists in the Best Short Story and Best Editor Short Form categories will be joining Gadi and Karen on the show for panel discussions. Also joining the show will be world-famous mentalist Lior Manor, with a mini show for our weekly show corner. The show will air on Saturday the 20th of June, 2020, at 3 PM US Eastern Time.
Schedule and details
(Times in US Eassern Time)
3:00 PM – Panel Discussion With Hugo Awards Finalists in the Best Short Story Category
Nibedita Sen, Fran Wilde, Alix E. Harrow, SL Huang, and Shiv Ramdas will join Karen Castelletti to discuss their nominations for Best Short Story.
- Nibedita Sen is a Hugo, Nebula, and Astounding Award-nominated queer Bengali writer from Calcutta whose work can be found in Anathema: Spec from the Margins, Podcastle, Nightmare, and Fireside
- Fran Wilde is a Nebula award winning writer who directs the Genre Fiction MFA concentration at Western Colorado University and writes nonfiction for The Washington Post, The New York Times, and Tor.com
- Alix E. Harrow is a Hugo award winning author who has also been nominated for the Nebula, World Fantasy and Locus awards.
- SL Huang is a Hugo-nominated and Amazon-bestselling writer. She is the author of the Cas Russell series from Tor, starting with Zero Sum Game, and her short fiction has appeared in numerous best-of anthologies. She is also an MIT graduate, stuntwoman, and firearms expert.
- Shiv Ramdas is a multi-award nominated author of speculative fiction short stories and novels. He lives and writes in Seattle, Washington. In 2020 he became one of only two Indian writers to ever be nominated for both a Hugo and a Nebula Award in the same year. He is also one of only three Indians to have been nominated for both.
16:20 PM – A Mini Show With Lior Manor, Mentalist
Renowned Master Mentalist Lior Manor will be joining us for a mini show for this week’s show corner.
16:40 PM – Panel Discussion With Hugo Awards Finalists in the Best Editor Short Form Category
Ellen Datlow, Lynne Thomas, Neil Clarke, Lynne M Thomas, and Michael Thomas will join Gadi to discuss their nomination and work.
- Ellen Datlow has been editing science fiction, fantasy, and horror short fiction for over thirty-five years as fiction editor of OMNI Magazine and editor of Event Horizon and SCIFICTION. She currently acquires short fiction for Tor.com.
- Neil Clarke is the editor of the Hugo and World Fantasy Award-winning Clarkesworld Magazine and several anthologies, including the Best Science Fiction of the Year series.
- Lynne M Thomas and Michael Damian Thomas are the Co-Editors-in-Chief and Co-Publishers of the five-time Hugo Award-winning Uncanny Magazine.
- Sheila Williams is the two-time Hugo Award winning Editor of Asimov’s Science Fiction Magazine, which has won the prestigious Locus Award for Best Magazine in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.